jueves, 4 de enero de 2018

Chapter 4 VI

Despite not being in the best mood, it tooke me until 18:00 to leave for home and I headed directly home. I was still chewing on the issues from work when I went through one of those parks in Madrid, where nature seems to be red soil, like old blood and a couple of trees that seemed to be in the ER, not only because their appearance but also because of how they were tendered, with pipework for water, protection net and those funny guides to hold them. Anyway, I was strolling through the park, deep in my own thoughts when Jesús came out of the blue, which is not really surprising because that is how he always appears. I am quite positive he was not behind one  of those skinny trees. The issue here is that he appeared, and the fall in pace along mine.

We had not seen each other since before my trip to London. That is I had not seen him

-- We have work to get done-- There was no hint of recrimination or urgency in his voice, He was stating the facts.

-- I know... it was just  along day.-- I was not looking for a justification or even some empathy. I was just frustrated. Jesús nodded deeply, understanding, but his expression did not change. He was a pragmatic man. If he could not change the situation or, if something did not affect him directly, he would just put it away.

-- Come along, I've got news for you -- On reaching the end of the park, he went right and l followed. The weather was better than in London, in me meaning of dryer, but the day was also longer and, in fact, it was starting to get dark. In some streets, depending on their orientation, the street lamps started to flicker into life.

While walking, Jesús started to tell me about the things I have done well and bad in my trip. For sure my wandering had not gone unnoticed. After a few minutes, we were walking along the Gran Via de Hortaleza, filled with cars in an endless traffic jam. Jesús went into the meeting itself then.

-- The feedback is good. We have to carry on and start building the teams, and fast--

-- What is with the list I gave you?--
-- It's good, well talk about it now -- with these words he stop in front of a building and I stopped  too, initially a little surprised, but I saw him welding a key, which he introduced in the keyhole with further comment and climbed the stairs until the second floor, where without delay opened one of the doors with another key. He step in and, holding the door for me, invited me to enter.

After closing the door behind me and turning the lights on he spoke
-- This is our safe apartment. We will meet here and if not, we will resort to the dead letter boxes. The alternative meeting points you know are still valid. It is important to ensure that the curtains in the kitchen are closed. -- he motioned me to the kitchen-- There is two bedrooms, one will be a bedroom and the other will be a work room. The living room is al little too exposed, so it will be used for show --  He pointed towards the bulding on front through the windows. With a little effort you could high five the neighbor-- So it will look like a living room -- On looking into the bedrooms I realized that, unlike the kitchen and living room, they were not furnished. Instead, there was a heap of IKEA boxes. with a friendly kick to one of them, Jesús said -- we have to assemble all this, but today is way too late. You have to leave earlier from work tomorrow, ok?-- He then handed me a key ring, which I presumed they where the keys of the apartment.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Chapter 1: Improbable encounters

Threading your way through a sea of people who does not really care much about being shoved, pushed and stepped on irritates me. On top o...