jueves, 12 de julio de 2018

Chapter 5: Recruting


  Central Offices, InGnio InGnieros Madrid, 19th May2009

The first staff Meeting with  Jesús Díaz. Wooldrow had flown in the day before, but we where not to meet beforehand. I came on my own and gave my name and mentioned the appointment. The young woman behind the desk handed me an envelope that Natalia had left for me and told me to wait a sec. The manila envelope was A4 size and bulging slightly. Inside there was an access card with a picture on it, it was my picture, the one from the Curriculum, a Nokia N97, a SIM card and a smaller envelope with passwords... many things I would not need for the upcoming meeting.

The meeting took place under a very friendly environment. After all, the target of Green Island was to use SD to produce contracts with the European Union and eventually some workload would come the company's way. In itself, it was simple. Woodrow made all the decisions about SD official and also my role on the department. We all agreed that Knowing the structure of  InGnio InGnieros would be a plus, thus, my first task was to do a bit of networking in the office in Madrid and to get to know the company.

Madrid,08 June 2009



Officially, I had to take my holidays before leaving the company. On my first day of holidays, I decided to allow myself the luxury of getting up at 0800.

The training with Jesús was progressing at a good pace. That morning I was scheduled to do some swimming, but the focus at the moment was on the list of people we needed to recruit. Jesús was away for long stretches of time, but before leaving he would leave me a list of stuff to get done. He was doing some surveillance and getting intelligence on the possible recruits. I knew he had some support from the US team, but he was still  very busy.

On my side, I  was a little nervous because at the end of the week we would be doing our first recruiting.

Diego was not too happy either. We had done a few interviews, but he had rejected everyone. One was a girl working at a kindergarten next to our buiding. "You do not expect me to live with a kindergarten teacher, do you?"  Also he rejected a solid Argentinian chap who worked security at a bank along the M-40 " He's got no studies". The whole affair was taking much longer than I wanted...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Chapter 1: Improbable encounters

Threading your way through a sea of people who does not really care much about being shoved, pushed and stepped on irritates me. On top o...