jueves, 21 de febrero de 2019

Chapter 5 XII

Madrid, Spain, July 09th 2009



It was finally the day to leave. I had been living in a hotel for a few days. Once I had found someone to live with Diego, there was no more space there for me. On the plus side, the hotel was paid by InGnio InGnieros, because it was their responsibility to get everything ready in Cologne. Everything encompassed the restructuring of the buildings, put up some nice signs and get equipment, like chairs and safes and safety doors in. At any rate, the hotel was fine. on calle Moscatelar, very close to the underground of Arturo Soria. My first night there was after the goodbye party with my soon to be ex-colleagues  and I had a little trouble finding my room. My terrenal possessions were there with me of course, Three suitcases and a backpack.

I had moved a little when I was a student and after my graduation too, this meant I had to get rid of some of my most beloved possessions: my books. And now again, I had that mixture of loss and anticipation on my stomach, as I was looking at my trip to the airport.


It was a familiar sensation though. I knew I'd be back to Madrid someday, but it all would be different. It was the last time I was there as a "local" and there were many familiar odors, colours and sounds that today I ignored, covered by the blanket of routine, which in the future would become seeds of memories. It was my last time to experience them fully. If Boone was right, it was not about leaving a city, it would be lost forever

The train gently rocked me until the airport, where I sat in the Iberia flight to Düsseldorf. After a couple of little detours, I arrived safely to the hotel where I was staying.


I had a few moments of relaxation and reflection as I sat within the cream coloured walls and grey forniture of the hotel. The following day I had to go and meet Silke and later on Jesús on a coffee close to  Eigelstein-Torburg


 < Previous                  Next >

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Chapter 1: Improbable encounters

Threading your way through a sea of people who does not really care much about being shoved, pushed and stepped on irritates me. On top o...