jueves, 10 de enero de 2019

Chapter 5 VII

When he came out of the shower, with his jet black hair combed backwards and his t-shirt still on his hand, it was obvious he had shaved meticulously and a mixture of after shave and shower steam trailed along. Part of it was struggling to exit through the opened roof window. That was the crackling that had startled me a few seconds before.

He took a seat in front of me in the living room. I had avoided the worn off seat in front of the TV and gone around the coffee table and sat across it.


He looked at me and chuckled. He started, methodically, to go point by point of what I had told him, just taking pauses between points to take a swig from his beer bottle. As he reached the end, he left the empty bottle with a light cling on the coffee table.
 
-- So what now?--
--Now it's time for a proposal--
--Go ahead!--

 
-- Well, besides being my friend and me trusting you, you do have a few interesting skills. Obviously you know your way around logistics and construction sites... interesting times ahead, knowing how to fight is also an advantageous skill. And I don't mean it figuratively only.--

Diego sat upright, listening attentively.
 
-- The first step is to create a unit which it's first task is almost all logistic. To settle the basics and then to prepare the plans for moving out. There will be needs of materials, construction and defense. If the world as we know it is gong down the drain, the aftermath is going to look a little like Mad Max, but with a touch of evening news and less of action film,.--
 
-- You know I am not the first one to chicken out.--
 
-- I know, it's not about balls, it's about getting our shit together and have a proper organization --

I went on explaining the plan with the ships, as a ferry mission for personnel and materials, together with the basis of defence, light infantry units, naval units and support units.

-- What is with this light units? seems something I'd like--
 
- Well, it's not a job for life... especially for you because you have construction to organize, It is a sort of national service, but the number of tours is unclear... there are many factors to weigh in.---

He nodded and sprung up, headed for the kitchen, from where his voice came
-- Sure it is not forever, I'm taking my girl and it would not be nice-- I heard him rummaging in the fridge, then the characteristic clinging of beer bottles. He reappeared with two fresh bottles in his hands.

I explained what the status of the plan was. He was looking at me with shining eyes... I started to fear that perhaps he was too enthusiastic. He suggested to go on the land team. He wanted the gentleman adventure, Sitting atop a jeep with a bolt action rifle and fend off enemies. It took me a while to get him into what I needed. He to take part on the team that would do the transport of materials, resources and establish our New World.

Then, we let the far future aside, I needed to get him into the immediate future. I went on carefully to explain my proposal. He would leave his job and then he would work for Green Island through SD, like myself. He would focus on logistic and construction before doing anything gentlemanly. However he (and everyone else) would be also doing intensive training.



A lot of questions, answers, details and 3 beers after, he said:


<Previous       Next>

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Chapter 1: Improbable encounters

Threading your way through a sea of people who does not really care much about being shoved, pushed and stepped on irritates me. On top o...