viernes, 19 de enero de 2018

Chapter 4 IV

When I met myself at the other side of the door, emotions came rushing to my head, so powerful I thought for a sec I my knees were going to fail me. It does not sound much masculine I guess, but nevertheless, so it was.


Once I had a deep breath, I did not waste any more time. I went downstairs and left the hotel behind, with my mind full of questions and sudden doubts. I was rather nervous and I found myself wandering aimlessly through the streets of London.I stopped at the corner of the street I was on to read its name. In an immaculate sign, somehow high from the street level I could read Chesham Street SW1. It was not very helpful in as much that I did not know the street, but I reached on my back pocket and fished out the London map. I had already prefolded it on the section of the city I was going to be moving, so I could get my bearings fairly soon. I traced a route back and looked at my watch: 16:02, I had been roaming for a while and soon nightfall will arrive.




A couple of streets after I found a "Pret a Manger" that helped me to provide for dinner. for the time I crossed the doors of my hotel and the receptionist greeted me with a mixture of politness and respect, the street lamps were on and the city was on that twilight of dark streets by the shadows of the buildings, while the sky is still dimly illuminated and patches of yellow light start to pop everywhere. I greeted the receptionist back and headed to the staircase at once. All of a sudden I was cold, tired and hungry. I also had underestimated the distance between the take away and the hotel, so I was thinking my meal would be cold.



I kicked my shoes off behind the door, hung my coat and took a seat on the chair of my room, before the minuscule desk. Even with the heating at full power, or so it seemed by its noise, the windows had condensation on them and the carpet was not all that worm. I opened my soup and got to it happily, allowing my mind to wander again to the events of the afternoon.


I knew my life was going to change drastically, but now I was experiencing it. it gave me some vertigo sometimes. On the immediate list, I had to leave the hotel the next morning and take the plane back, so after an exceedingly long shower and took to bed


I'd lie if I said I had slept like a brick. I spent a good amount of time listening to buses, taxis and the heating. When the morning arrived, I had another shower and after a quick breakfast and some head duty I finished packing and then I went towards the Underground, which took me to a train, which took me to a plane, which took me to another Underground... and eventually home.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Chapter 1: Improbable encounters

Threading your way through a sea of people who does not really care much about being shoved, pushed and stepped on irritates me. On top o...